24/7 Professional Water & Sewage Repair, Cleanup, and Restoration
No one plans to have water or sewage enter their home whether by rain, snow, leaky plumbing or burst pipes. However, once the water has been detected, it is critical to have it remediated as quickly as possible. Why? Because mold is just waiting to grow and moisture is its lifeline, which can compromise your safety, your health, and the structure of your home.
“Our Goal Is To Make You Feel As If You Never Experienced A Water Loss To Your Home.”
McMahon Services & Construction has been providing Water Damage Restoration Service and Sewer Cleanup for over 20 years. Our staff certified and ready to take care of any situation or emergency that may appear. We offer full water damage restoration service, including sewage restoration and cleaning.
What makes us the best Water & Sewage Specialists
Our Water Damage Restoration Service Process Includes:
- Timely Inspection and Evaluation of your water or sewage loss
- Emergency Water Extraction
- Setup of Air Scrubber, Dryer, Dehumidifier, etc.
- Monitor Humidity to determine levels of drying
- Providing Water Damage Estimate
- Damage cleanup and restoration
- Antimicrobials and/or Germicide Application
- Mold Inhibitor Application
- Structure Repair and Construction
What Kind of Water Damage Do I Have?
- Clean Water
- Typically comes from broken or frozen supply pipe, refrigerator ice maker hose, failed water heater, coffee maker supply line, and other similar sources.
- Examples: Faucets, toilet tanks, drinking fountains, etc.
- Gray Water
- This is water that has been used to clean something and may contain contaminations such as food residues, detergents, bacteria, and oils.
- Examples: Dishwasher overflow, washing machine overflow, toilet overflow with urine, etc.
- Black Water and/or Sewage
- Category 3 black water or sewage is grossly unsanitary and hazardous. If ingested it could cause serious illness or death.
- Examples: Sewer backup, flooding from rivers or streams, toilet overflow with feces, stagnant liquid, etc.
What to Do When Dealing with Water Damage Cleanup in Your Home or Business:
We have emergency fire and water restoration crews available 24/7 to dispatch to your Illinois home or business location for your water damage clean up services. We offer FREE damage inspections and estimates to residential and commercial customers in our Chicago, Arlington Heights, Berwyn, Des Plaines, Evanston, Mount Prospect, Grayslake, Mundelein, Libertyville, Oak Park, Palatine, Wheaton, Naperville, Waukegan, Schaumburg, Skokie, and surrounding IL service areas.
Water damage caused by spring rains, flooded basement, overflowing faucet, toilet tank, refrigerator ice maker hoses, failed water heater, or other broken or burst supply pipes is altogether a messy and stressful situation. We have listed out steps to take to help assist you in this stressful situation until help arrives:
1) SAFETY FIRST! Turn OFF Electricity from the Electrical Box
Before going into an area affected by water, turn off your electricity in that area of your home. Is the water over the electrical sockets on the floor or walls? If so, DO NOT TOUCH! After electricity is turned off, unplug all electronics to ensure that you will avoid shock.
2) Stop the Water Damage Source
Find where the water is entering your home and try to stop or minimize the flow. If water damage is occurring because of an overflowing faucet, then turning off the faucet is easy. But if you have a broken pipe, you must shut off the water to your home right away and immediately call a plumber!
You may be able to clean and dry small areas affected by water damage but large areas that include carpet and pad, wood floors, linoleum, drywall, and any additional levels below the area that incurred water damage, such as a ceiling – will have to be cleaned and dried out by a professional water damage and sewage restoration service company.
3) Call A Professional Restoration Company AND Your Insurance Company
If the area damaged by water is large, immediately call a professional water damage restoration service company, such as McMahon Services & Construction. The faster you call and get a restoration company to your home, the quicker the drying process can begin.
While restoration technicians are in-route, your next call should be to your insurance company or insurance agent. You can submit for a claim (if covered) and have your claim number ready for the restoration company upon their arrival.
4) Take Pictures of the Damaged Area(s)
Taking pictures of the damages right away will help you and your insurance company throughout the claim. If possible, take pictures of the source (where the water came from), all areas that were affected by the water including walls and ceilings, electronics, and any other items that you want to be documented for your insurance claim (if applicable).
5) Remove All Light or Movable Items
Remove any items or furniture that would make it easier for you or water damage technicians to start cleaning. WARNING! Water causes items to become very heavy. If you are unable to move items, such as couches and chairs, leave them for the technicians to handle. Keep your safety a priority!
6) Get professional help!
Water damage is more dangerous than most people imagine. Depending on the source of the water, chemicals and toxins may be present and create serious health threats. Even clean water that comes from a flood or a burst pipe may contain dirt and create humidity that stimulates the growth of harmful bacteria and mold. Make sure you get certified professionals that will fix your issue effectively and guarantee the safety and health of your home.
CALL US NOW FOR A FREE ESTIMATE!
We have crews available 24/7 to dispatch to your Northern Illinois home or business location for your water damage clean-up, fire and smoke damage cleanup, black mold removal, duct cleaning, carpet cleaning, construction and remodeling, roofing, and siding services. We offer FREE damage inspections and FREE estimates to residential and commercial customers in our Chicago, Arlington Heights, Berwyn, Des Plaines, Evanston, Mount Prospect, Grayslake, Mundelein, Libertyville, Oak Park, Palatine, Wheaton, Naperville, Waukegan, Schaumburg, Skokie, and surrounding IL service areas.
CALL US NOW: 847-566-4568