Power outages caused by storms (lightning, high winds, ice, snow and rain), falling trees and branches (contacting electric lines), accidents (cars hitting poles), or equipment failure (from corrosion, wear and aging parts) can cause many homeowners to lose power to their home.
An emergency backup generator provides you with interrupted safety, security and convenience whether you are home or away. In the event of a power outage, the generator kicks in simultaneously to supply power to your home’s circuit breaker box until municipal power is repaired. Once municipal power is restored, the generator shuts off automatically.
If you’ve ever experienced a power outage lasting more than a couple hours you understand the inconvenience and expenses associated with a loss of power. Not only does installing an emergency back-up generator protect your home from power outages, but did you know that it can also add resale value? A home with an emergency backup generator stands out to potential home buyers as a well-equipped home that can weather the storm against a power outage without interruption.
An Emergency Backup Generator Can Protect Your Family & Your Home From:
- A loss of heat furnace
- A loss of air conditioning
- The potential a flooded basement due to sump pump failure
- Water damage due to water continuously running because of well pump failure
- The interrupted safety of your alarm system
- The expenses from the loss of perishable goods
- The inability to utilize your stove, microwave, and other appliances
- The inability to utilize your computers, TVs, and other electronics
- Loss of garage door accessibility
- The inconvenience and expense of having to relocate